Shower Caluk

Under normal wear and tear conditions, how often should the caulk in the base of a shower stall need to be re-done.
I define normal wear and tear as two adults.
It depends, a new house- good caulk- and no settling - 15 yrs ? Old house that had mold and lime and soap that wasnt properly cleaned 1 yr.
The shower stall was built in Jan 03, and the house was built in 1986. Therefore, I expect good caulk and no settling.
The contractor is telling me that I should need to replace it every 6-mos to 2 years. I do not believe that.

15 years sounds optimistic. I've redone mine three times and we've been in the house three years. And it's starting to look like shit again.
I guess im lucky because mine are apx 20 yrs old
I find that caulk doesn't adhere that well to acrylic shower stalls. After about a year, it starts to let some water through in some places, specially the areas that are thouroughly soaked during a shower. I replace mine every 1 to 2 years. It's quite easy, since it peels right off so easily, this is the only upside to bad adherence :-)