shower base

I just recently found that my shower base in a basement bath is leaking. The shower is tiled (set in mud) and I hate to start tearing the tile loose to repair/replace base. Any suggestions? Frank

Hate it or not, you don't have any real choice -- rip out the base, put down a new membrane, and rebuild.

What kind of shower base is it - Plastic or cement? How did you find out it is leaking? Check the drain connection first, if there are no obvious cracks.