Should the U.S. pull out of Chicago ?

Page 5 of 8

Obviously not.

If you had been paying attention as you claim, you would realize that the one confusing correlation and causality was Norminn, not me.
But you're too stupid to realize that.
BIG SNIP

yo, you called me a dimwit because I asked you for a link.
I provided a link for your reference, you could not execute on that link (you thought it was merely a cover page)
who's the real DW? how about an admission of your error?
On 1/2/2013 1:05 AM, DD_BobK wrote:

I saw three buttons, each with different fee for downloading. That's generally enough :o) I beg your generous and kind pardon, sire.

Fair enough... the choices were confusing & it was difficult to find the "free" one.
please hold the "dimwit" label for times when I truly am.
On 1/2/2013 12:56 PM, DD_BobK wrote:

Gads....I wonder how many ads and buttons I ignore in a typical day on the 'net?

I'll try to hold off until I can cite sources for Doug....apparently he is the only expert :o)

Last time I looked crime went down 25% in the 2 years following Heller. As to NYC, there are a LOT of factors involved with crime, gun ownership is a NON-cause as per the CDC and NAS On the other had, per John Lott, lawful ownership does have an effect on REDUCING crime. So what exactly was the point of your question ?

DO try to keep up.
Norminn claimed that the elimination of leaded gasoline was responsible for the reducition in crime in NYC under Giuliani; the point of the question was to show the total idiocy of that claim, in light of the crime rates in other major cities.

I do keep up and there was NO SUCH CLAIM
YOU are the one who is jumping up and down trying to make believe that there was some >>CAUSAL<< claim to that effect.

All right, she *implied* that. Happy now?
My point still stands: you're addressing your remarks to the wrong person. Complain to Norminn, not me. Dumbass.
This is the second time you've gotten me mixed up with someone else.
Pay more attention to who's writing what in the future, and you won't look such a fool. Maybe.
On 1/2/2013 11:34 AM, Doug Miller wrote:

I made no such claim...here is what I wrote:
" Mayor G. got a lot of credit for reducing crime, but it might have been due more to the reduction of lead in gasoline."
I didn't say that lead was the cause or that Mayor G. did not influence the changes. I ALLOWED for the possibility, based on data presented in the article, that changes related to lead poisoning.
Snippet from the article: "For one thing, violent crime actually peaked in New York City in 1990, four years before the Giuliana-Bratton era. By the time they took office, it had already dropped 12 percent."
email.me:

reducition in

claim,
Ummm.... yes, you did.

And there's the claim right there.

And yet you still can't explain why the same thing didn't happen in Chicago and DC.

Still don't understand Sad really
There is no need to distinguish you from the other doug.

Obviously you do not.

+++ Start UNsnip ++ ++ Sad really ++ ++ There is no need to distinguish you from the other doug. ++ ++ Stop UNsmip

The fact that you had to cut my text to change the context demonstrates that you are a troll

My point was that it's *you* who doesn't understand.
*You* put my response in the wrong place when *you* rearranged this. So who's the troll?
I'm done with you. You've demonstrated that you're unable to hold an adult discussion.

Seems like you say that about everyone that disagrees with you.

Perhaps you should read more carefully, then -- I say that only about people (such as "Attilla") who are unable to discuss issues without introducing personal abuse. That's grade-school stuff, not the substance of an adult conversation.
On Fri, 4 Jan 2013 23:22:54 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller

That's everyone who tries to have a conversation with you. You're incapable of an honest discussion.
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote in

"Attilla")

school

Keith, you've got me mixed up with the other Doug again...
On Sat, 5 Jan 2013 02:03:27 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller

Crap! I don't know why my NR just shows "Doug". Sorry! ...again.