Should my parade float have arc fault protection?

Or maybe they should have just checked clearances on the parade route and not made it so tall......

I wonder what the path to ground was? If the float was on typical tires, there would have to be some path to ground.....

Reply to
trader_4

I imagine the path to ground was the people standing on the ground. If this was a medium voltage conductor they grabbed, it would blow through those flip flops the Haitians wear. Trying to get off the float might be worse than staying on it but you certainly would not want help from someone on the ground.

Reply to
gfretwell

I looked at the video again and right after the arcing to the guy at the top, in the lower right corner, there is a cloud of smoke near ground level. That looks like where the path was completed, but you can't see enough to know through what. I can't tell what the thing was actually on, probably a truck? They are saying now that 20+ are dead. If true, I'd bet most of them were from the resulting stampede, not the electric itself. From what I can see, the few people closeby the guy seem to have been affected, but the rest of the people on the float seem to be OK.

Reply to
trader_4