Should I use greenboard on ceiling in bathroom?

It is not very damp in the bathroom but is it standard to use this on all non-tiled surfaces in a bathroom?

Reply to
poison_1024

There's no reason to use it. Also note that greenboard can't handle 16" o.c. ceiling joist spacing - it isn't stiff enough.

Reply to
Mike Paulsen

I have been pretty unhappy with green board over the years. It seems to fail in damp areas just as easily as regular drywall. I am using DensArmor on a project right now, and it seems like a good solution, at least in theory. The cost is slightly higher that green board.

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake