Should I take up the old slate floor?

Hello All,
I'm planning to lay new self adhesive, vinyl flooring in my kitchen. Currently, there is slate flooring in the kitchen (the house is 43 yrs old) that is together for the most part but is UGLY! I'm thinking about taking up the old flooring to lay the new flooring, but since the house uses radiant heat in the kitchen I'm also concerned that the heat will cause the adhesive of the new flooring to disolve and the flooring to come up.
So, should I take the old floor up and lay the new vinyl flooring right on the cement? Do you think the heat from the radiant system will affect the adhesive of the vinyl flooring?
I'm open to suggestions. Thanks in advance!!
Troy

you might ask the manufacturer of your new tiles that question. i can't read the box from here.

What?! I thought you were Superman...you know...super powers and x-ray vision, and all? Gee, I'm disappointed. ;)
Troy