Should I keep my B&D Versapak driver, or get the 9078 pivot driver instead?

Here's my situation:
I've had the Black & Decker 2-directional Versapak driver with a gold battery since about 2003...but the charger is missing. And chargers cost at least $10 online, with $15 for each new gold battery and $10 for silver batteries.
Home Depot has the new 9078 pivot driver with a simple plug-in charger (no batteries to install) for $19.99.
What should I do? Should I keep the versapak and splurge on a new charger & replacement battery?....or should I just get the new 9078 model which would cost appx. the same amount?
Has anybody used these tools and know which one is better?
All help appreciated,
-Joel

They both have limited use but can be handy for some jobs. For $20, I'd try the new one.

the new one will probably have Lithium-ion batteries,and will hold a charge while in storage,for about 6 months.
while the NiMH(gold) and NiCd(silver) both self-discharge in storage.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

This doesn't leave me much of an answer. Does this mean I should keep the 9078 and get rid of the Versapak? One advantage to the versapak is that you can charge one battery while you use another. You can't do this with the 9078.
Speaking of which, how long does the 9078's battery last compared to the Versapak Gold battery? Plus, the 9078 is more compact than the Versapak, which is more clunky. But still, does that make getting the 9078 worth it??
I'd appreciate more info to know if it's worth even getting a new tool.
-Joel
First of all, if at all possible get away from all B&D products. However if you insist on using them, keep what you have and buy a charger. You may want to check around the house and see if you have a dust buster, they use the same batteries and charger, or at least mine does. Also, at this time of year better cordless drills are on sale and cheap to pick up.

rebuilt batteries available here
http://www.primecell.com/pctools.htm