Should a pool light bulb be touching water only halfway (half in, half out)?

If they think "fixing" means tightening up the ring, it isn't fixed. Replacing the gasket should fix it if the ring and shell were not damaged by other attempts to fix it.

Reply to
gfretwell

The #8 Bonding conductor is literally connected to everything metal associated with the pool, including rebar in the concrete, metal fittings that hold ladders, the metal under water niche that holds the fixture, pumps, heaters...

Reply to
RBM

I agree, my guess is that there are a number of manufacturers and models, and these pool maintenance companies would rather not take the time to locate the replacement gasket, so they try to reuse the old ones, and maybe add a little silicone sealant

Reply to
RBM

Just find a neighbor with a pool. In a few minutes you'll understand it all. You probably shouldn't have pulled everything apart to clean it though. I bought my house about 14 years ago, from an estate, and the pool looked like green jello. The trick is to just dump $100 worth of chemicals in it, then filter the hell out of it. You're in for a real treat with your new money pit. All it takes is a few hundred dollars each year, provided you do all the work yourself, and then every three or four years, you have to go for a few thousand dollars, then eventually, just when you get good at it, your pool looks like mine does now, and then you go for your lungs.

RBM

Is it for lightning?

Reply to
Terra Arcane

No, it's purpose is to assure that everything metal associated with the pool is ultimately connected to the pools grounding system, so no metal part can become electrically live

Reply to
RBM

When we re-did our pool that's how it was done. Since water fills the niche, it will go up the conduit to the same level as the pool water, do the box needs to be higher than the level of the pool.

The old pool lights were low voltage (12V), and there was a transformer over by the pump. The new pool lights are 120VAC and don't use a transformer. This seemed like a bad idea to me.

Reply to
SMS