Short dishwasher?

I currently use a portable, apartment-size dishwasher, which is significantly smaller than a regular one but no shorter. I saw a picture online of a small kitchen (unfortunately, no info available) that had a dishwasher installed underneath the sink. I'd rather give up a sink cupboard than a "regular" cupboard for a dishwasher. Does anyone have suggestions where such a short dishwasher might be found?

Thanks in advance, Jo Ann

Reply to
jah213

Searching Altavista for "under sink dishwasher" amazingly turns up a multitude of sources.

You could try that...

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

We had a Youngstown Kitchens dishwasher-sink combo that had the dishwasher as a toploader and it could double as a wash sink if needed. It gravity-drained as I recall and was pretty idiotproof. I think Whirlpool made a similar unit in modern times.

Reply to
Taropatch

Simple online searching turns up many results. Here is a pertinent example:

John McGaw

Doh! I was so disappointed that the online picture I saw didn't provide any info that it didn't even occur to me simply to run a search! Thanks!

Jo Ann

Reply to
jah213

The drawer dishwasher is actually made by Fisher Paykel in Australia. We have the double drawer version and like it but it has got to be installed exactly per instructions. The drain hoses are thin and if they are not routed correctly and supported they will eventually kink and the drawers will not drain and will give you an F1 error. The drain hoses should have no slack and should be routed along the bottom of the cabinet until they finally go up and around then down to the drain pipe.

Reply to
Art