Short box

A contractor installed some wiring and drywalled a room in my basement. He used a box that is mainly used for cable/internet/telephone wiring for the electrical outlets.(Open box). I guess there was not enough room to fit a "normal" box. Behind the opening of the box is concrete block. Do I have a potential problem? If so how might I resolve the problem?
TIA

You resolve the problem by getting him back to correct the code violation. The "potential problem" isn't really yours to explain, open boxes are not permitted for line voltage electrical wiring.

There are boxes made called "pancake" that are designed for furred walls. I have seen them in plastic and in metal. IMO the contractor is uninformed about the proper installation of electrical products. Call him back have it repaired.
I am not aware of a cut-in/remodel box that will work in this application.
If the space is too shallow you could be stuck with wire mold. (surface mount boxes ) But if the code or inspections are not a problem than the fire hazard he installed will be fine.

What your contractor did is very wrong. Kill him after you have a real electrician repair it.

red posted for all of us....

--
Tekkie

Politicians & diapers are filled with it & both should be changed regularly.