ShopVac Deal

Home Depot are selling a Ridgid 12gal/5.5HP shopvac for $29.

The web site says on-line only and sold out. However, I just returned from my local store where they had a whole stack of the suckers ready to go. In and out in < 5 mins.

Only had the thing a matter of minutes but it looks pretty decent and the price was right. If you need a shop vac, you might want to try your local HD.

OSH/Walmart/Lowes/Target et al all seem to have shop-vac deals but they&#39;re all much smaller and less powerful machines.

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

Did you turn it on? The HD cheepo units I have heard are louder than a jet that is taking off.

Reply to
George

The HD link on DealNews (dealnews.com) shows this vac. They also have a Dewalt Drill/Driver 18v for $97.00, a Dewalt 42 piece drill/driver set for $10.00. A Porter Cable Compressor combo Kit for $199.00.

Dealnews has coupon codes, etc. Something for everybody....

Reply to
Oren

That model has some annoyances built into it, but not surprising for such a cheap vac.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yes. Noise levels seem pretty reasonable to me. I expected something far from silent and this is a little quieter than anticipated.

It&#39;s certainly quieter than a jet or a gas powered leaf blower. Similar noise to my car engine when running somewhat above idle (say 1500 rpm). Not sure how else to characterise it.

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

What annoyances?

--Steve

Reply to
Steve

BTW, I picked one up - $29 as the OP said, and it seems to work fine. Not any noisier than the Sears 16-gallon unit that I have, and maybe more powerful. It really sucks! :-)

--Steve

Reply to
Steve

It blows pretty good too!

Seriously, it blew a bunch of leaves, sawdust and other crud out of my garage in record time ;-)

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

- Hose loses flexibility at temps that most of us don&#39;t consider to be that chilly. Never had this problem with my Sears vac.

- Hose only has a rotating collar where it plugs into the vac, as opposed to my Sears unit, which had them at both ends.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom