Shoplifter of the Week: Copper edition

Page 4 of 4

I am asking for a quote of law that specifically says a store may not search a bag leaving the store. Those amendmants do apply but there are many, many court rulings that bear on this subject.
Harry K

What if he HADN'T stopped you and an undercover supervisor saw that and gave the guard a hard time or fired him?
HB

Sure, the poor bloke at the door is just following orders. My beef wasn't personal towards him. The point is that I said something hoping it would get back to the person that makes the rules so they would know that their customers don't appreciate being treated that way.
-C-
Country wrote:

You're lucky you weren't buying yams.

At Best Buy?
Country wrote:

A few years ago I tried to buy a camera at Circuit City. Waited in vain with a bunch of other people at the camera counter. Forget it, I could have waited an hour and I wouldn't have gotten anyone to help me ... not as if I could just pick up a camera and checked out, everything was under lock and key.
I bought a couple other items, a music cd, maybe a video game, and as I'm leaving, some guy stops me to look in my bag. The one I got 3 steps away when I paid for my stuff. Naively I thought he might say Find everything you were looking for? Duh. Considering the crowd around the cameras, the dummies should have been paying the guy to hand them to people.
nancy

take note circuit city wwent out of business........ although the name lives on mostly as a on line store
Nancy Young wrote:

It's quite possible he looked in your bag, not to determine whether you were a shoplifter but merely to keep his job.
HeyBub wrote:

Right, I thought it was HIS fault they were paying him to look in bags. HIS fault he probably caught zero shoplifters but the store lost hundreds in sales. That's the ticket.
nancy