Shop-Vac Warranty Kudos

Fair is fair. Piss-poor service gets enough barking.

Have had one of those econo 5gal ShopVacs for 2 1/2 years. Motor fried. Box says 2yr warranty. Paper warranty inside says 3 yrs. Call local authorized center. They say it's goofy but no service centers service SV equipment. Just sell units and accessories. Need to call SV.

I call SV. Tell them motor is fried. Gave him month and year purchased. He says it's out of warranty but immediately says they will honor the warranty. I did mention that the internal paperwork said 3 years. Moot at this point though.

Ask him what I need to send them as far as defective part & paperwork. He says nothing. One week later I got a new motor.

Al...

Reply to
Al Bundy

Thanks for posting this.

There are lots of companies that have forgotten proper Customer Service. Really helps to id some that are helpful.

Cheers, P

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!" -Friedrich Schiller

Reply to
Puddin' Man