shop vac hose conversion

I have a shop vac with a 2.5" hose, I'd like to neck it down to a 1.5" hose to make it easier to use. Does anyone know if they make a kit for this?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I have no idea where he got it, but my dad's shop-vac had that setup when I inherited it. It is a handy piece, I used it the other day on my commercial rug shampooer (which it also fits) to vac out a toilet for a wax ring change.
HD has an universal adapter. You will find it over near the shop-vacs.

Has anyone ever used the steam cleaner attachment? I ended up with one, but don't want to go to the trouble of setting up if it won't work pretty well.

I can see a couple of potential problems, does it have a separate tank and a pump to put the soap and water to the wand? The other thing would be the need for a wet type filter in the shop vac, A third would be just how clumsy it is to move a around.
On 8 Jan 2007 07:20:18 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

I thought I saw an 'adaptor' at either home depot, or lowes.
tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com