Shop space

Is anyone aware of any businesses or co-op's where a person can go in and use woodworking, metal, or other types of tools and machinery for personal or hobby use. A place designed for the person that doesn't have the cash, space, or need for specialize tools but does like to work with their hands. Any information would be appreciated.
Relatives are good for this.

On 29 Jan 2006 08:50:53 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

Years ago, when I lived in Tulsa, the community college had non credit night courses for things like auto body, woodworking, etc. The word course didn't really describe what went on. You were mainly paying for the right to use the facility one night a week for three hours. An instructor was there only to answer questions or give advice.
I took the auto body course and restored a truck. Many people just kept taking it over and over to do multiple vehicles.
Check with your community colleges and high school votech to see if they have an adult eductation program. A high school in an area I lived had a night woodworking program.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Sure. There are woodworking cooperatives, and Woodcraft has a few affiliated locations. http://www.thewoodworkersclub.com /
My previous employers allowed me to. The biggest problem is public liability insurance etc etc.
Also depends on what country/state you are in!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yes, there is one in Alaska. I heard there was one in New Zealand as well.

There once was a auto repair facility near me. That you could rent a space and tools. But it was outside and the storms and dirt that fly's around stopped me from using it. Seemed pricey to me at the time.
When you want to post in more than one newsgroup, PLEASE Cross-post instead of multi-posing as you have done! Google will tell you all about it. So will any newsgroup FAQ.