Shoot through the door

Page 4 of 4
I think the only reason why Joe Biden suggested shooting someone through a door was because his mouth was running before his brain was fully engaged.
The politically correct way would be to phone 911...
..and only shoot them if they get through the door before the police come.
I expect Canada's laws are different from those in the US when it comes to using guns for self defense. I'm thinking that as long as there's a locked door between you and the person that want's to chop you into pieces with an axe, and you're holding a loaded gun so that you can shoot them much faster than they can start chopping away at you, then shooting them before they even manage to hack their way through the door is a bit premature.
Still, in a situation like that, I don't expect a normal person would think about it that way, so I don't know if the "reasonable man" rule would apply here. A reasonable man in that situation would be pi$$ing his pants too.
--
nestork

The same thing is true in most of the USA. If I shot someone through a closed door in NJ, in most cases, I'd be charged. There could be exceptions. Like if the perp was firing through the door too. Or maybe if they had proved themselves to be extremely dangerous and violent, like they had nearly killed you already, they were bashing the door down and if they got through it was likely they could kill you before you could stop them, etc.
It's going to be interesting to see how the case of Pistorious plays out in South Africa. In my book, it's murder, no question. I mean who shoots someone 4 times through a bathroom door, even if they think it's a burglar? Any normal person would yell out Who's in there? Stop! I have a gun, etc. You'd have to be a complete idiot to believe his story that he didn't know it was his GF who had been in the house for hours.
I'm still waiting to hear the bullet trajectories. I'm hoping it shows she was bracing herself against the door to keep him from breaking in when the shots were fired.

LOL, yeah I picked up on that too. What a dope. Like one blast isnt' enough? But two, that now leaves the gun unloaded, is the right number..... And this is the guy that's working on gun legislation for Obama......

If I did it here, NJ, it's against the law. Something about discharging a weapon in the town limits...... It's illegal in a lot of suburban areas.

It sure does. Maybe the govt should take Biden's guns away......

Bingo!

And as usual, the major networks just ignore it. Funny thing that. I'm sure you remember what they did to Dan Quail. He made a mistake once a year, mispelling potato and they ran away with it. Biden pulls some really, really dumb stuff, about every other week and the major networks ignore it.

What's even more amazing is that he made the "shoot through the door" statement AFTER he already was under fire (pardon the pun), for saying to fire the shotgun in the air from the porch.....
And this is the guy working on how to make the USA safer via new gun laws......
Irony should be painful.
What's even more amazing is that he made the "shoot through the door" statement AFTER he already was under fire (pardon the pun), for saying to fire the shotgun in the air from the porch.....
And this is the guy working on how to make the USA safer via new gun laws......

Ah but that was _after_ the initial stupidity. He took the opportunity to prove that he can be even stupider.
Harry K
Shotgun ban.
http://www.dvorak.org/blog/2013/03/02/colorado-democrats-want-to-ban-the-standard-shotgun/
Greg

We went to a gun show today. Showed up at 9:30 and there were several hundred people (line stretched 4-500') standing in line outside in the cold. OK, it was 35F but that's damned cold here. We went back in the afternoon when it was more sane but it was pretty picked over (did score three gun rugs for $12).
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/03/01/nh-gun-store-depicts-obama-as-firearms-salesman-of-the-year/

I did not think there would be anything worth while to go to a gun show now. Most likely any gun, magazine, or ammo worth having has already been sold. If anyting is left, it is probably way over priced.
On Sat, 2 Mar 2013 23:51:38 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"

Exactly. Most of what was interesting was *way* overpriced. It's still a day out playing with toys (went to a few woodworking stores, too).