Shoot through the door

Exactly. Most of what was interesting was *way* overpriced. It's still a day out playing with toys (went to a few woodworking stores, too).

Reply to
krw

Nonsense. Most States have laws allowing the use of deadly force to stop a criminal getting away while committing a felony.

Reply to
Attila Iskander

With good lighting, ABSOLUTELY.

Reply to
Attila Iskander

And a REALLY "real sportsman" uses a slingshot.

Reply to
Attila Iskander

Maybe Texas but far from "most states". In fact most states do not allow deadly force unless there is imminent threat of bodily harm, some even qualify that to say you must have no ability to run away, even inside your house. (I know a guy in Md who did hard time for it) If you shoot someone running away in a "blue" state, you are going to jail. Do not pass go, do not collect $200

Reply to
gfretwell

Correct. Even the police are not allowed to shoot fleeing felons in most states unless there is a very good reson to do so, the act of fleeing in and of itself is not sufficient.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Ah but that was _after_ the initial stupidity. He took the opportunity to prove that he can be even stupider.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

If you have good lighting, is it night?

.

With good lighting, ABSOLUTELY.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'm so sorry that you don't read what was written. Running away is not the same as running away while committing a felony. Eg running away with a stolen gun or anything that's worth more than (usual) $50.

Stopping a crime being committed is generally covered by "deadly force" laws. And the reason most states have such a provision is to cover for the police when they actually shoot a perp "running away" if they believe he has or still is committing a felony It just happens that such laws are NOT exclusive to LEOs, and they apply to citizens as well.

Reply to
Attila Iskander

# # Correct. Even the police are not allowed to shoot fleeing felons in # most states unless there is a very good reson to do so, the act of # fleeing in and of itself is not sufficient.

What is wrong with your reading skills Notice the "WHILE COMMITTING A FELONY " at the end of the sentence ? Or was that phrase too complex for you two ?

Reply to
Attila Iskander
.

-0600, "Attila Iskander"

Did you not notice that you mentioned shooting someone running away?

They are not allowed to shoot even "WHILE COMMITTING A FELONY" except to preserve life.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

It works like this:

"The alleged perp was running away, but he stopped and pointed what I believed to be a weapon in my direction. In fear of my life, I discharged my service pistol. While the bullet was in flight, the perp turned around to continue his escape..."

Reply to
HeyBub

And as I pointed out above, you are wrong. Police are NOT allowed to shoot "fleeing felons" unless there is a very good reason to do so. CLUE for the CLUELESS - there are lots of grades of felonies and damn few of them would justfy being shot at while fleeing.

Yes, I see that my original post was to fgretw, not you. So why did you step in there and then prove my point of your wrongness in the next post?

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

-0600, "Attila Iskander"

It really depends on the jurisdiction they're in and whether or not their boss will back them up. Of course there's always the throw down gun some cops carry. O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

That may work in Texas but you are getting arrested in any North East state. A $250,000 lawyer bill may get you off but that is quite a fine for shooting a guy who stole your wallet. If you shot the guy square in the back, $250k might not get you off.

As a reference, even in Florida Zimmerman has paid over $200,000 in legal fees and he hasn't even been to trial yet ... on a case that the state is going to lose.

Reply to
gfretwell

There is are *very* good reasons I moved out of the NE.

Yes, someone should be disbarred for that one.

Reply to
krw

I lived there for 19 years; for the money. Disgusting place.

They're not scary. I are one. ;-)

She *prayed*?! She should be hanged!

Reply to
krw

I be a Southerner, now! ;-) SWMBO still claims she has a Texas passport. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Dershowitz has been all over her from the beginning. He's a lefty, to be sure, but he doesn't much like it when anyone is lynched.

Reply to
krw

That sounds just like the same ignorant drivel spouted by those who claim that it's risky to load your own for self-defense.

Reply to
Attila Iskander