Shoot through the door

Page 2 of 4  
On 3/4/2013 9:22 AM, Harry K wrote:

It really depends on the jurisdiction they're in and whether or not their boss will back them up. Of course there's always the throw down gun some cops carry. O_o
TDD
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

# # Did you not notice that you mentioned shooting someone running away? #
You're still too busy responding BEFORE you read COMPLETLY and UNDERSTOOD as well what I wrote...
# # They are not allowed to shoot even "WHILE COMMITTING A FELONY" except # to preserve life.
If he is running away with the goods from the felony, he's STILL in the process of COMMITTING the felony. And YOU can use force to stop him
See how simple that is..
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

I'm so sorry that you don't read what was written. Running away is not the same as running away while committing a felony. Eg running away with a stolen gun or anything that's worth more than (usual) $50.
Stopping a crime being committed is generally covered by "deadly force" laws. And the reason most states have such a provision is to cover for the police when they actually shoot a perp "running away" if they believe he has or still is committing a felony It just happens that such laws are NOT exclusive to LEOs, and they apply to citizens as well.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Attila Iskander wrote:

It works like this:
"The alleged perp was running away, but he stopped and pointed what I believed to be a weapon in my direction. In fear of my life, I discharged my service pistol. While the bullet was in flight, the perp turned around to continue his escape..."
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

That may work in Texas but you are getting arrested in any North East state. A $250,000 lawyer bill may get you off but that is quite a fine for shooting a guy who stole your wallet. If you shot the guy square in the back, $250k might not get you off.
As a reference, even in Florida Zimmerman has paid over $200,000 in legal fees and he hasn't even been to trial yet ... on a case that the state is going to lose.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Mon, 04 Mar 2013 11:03:00 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

There is are *very* good reasons I moved out of the NE.

Yes, someone should be disbarred for that one.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I lived there for 19 years; for the money. Disgusting place.

They're not scary. I are one. ;-)

She *prayed*?! She should be hanged!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I be a Southerner, now! ;-) SWMBO still claims she has a Texas passport. ;-)

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Dershowitz has been all over her from the beginning. He's a lefty, to be sure, but he doesn't much like it when anyone is lynched.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You can blame Eric Holder for that one. The DoJ threatened a civil rights investigation if Angela Corey did not bring a murder charge, so she did. Then Zimmerman hit the jackpot with a solicitation on the internet and his lawyer sucked up every dime of it. A decent public defender could have gotten this tossed in the immunity hearing but there was $200 grand to be had, so O'mara took it all.
Zimmerman was knocked down, his nose was broken and his head bashed on the concrete, then Martin tried to get his gun. That was when Martin was shot and the state has no evidence to refute that account of the shooting. The physical evidence supports every bit of it.
They also were very dishonest with that 5 year old "Holister" photo. Zimmerman was looking at this guy
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/trayvon.jpg
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload


That sounds just like the same ignorant drivel spouted by those who claim that it's risky to load your own for self-defense.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Mon, 4 Mar 2013 20:10:56 -0600, "Attila Iskander"

When you look at what you can buy these days, why bother? Reloading made sense when 9mm and .45 was FMJ loaded for the rustiest old gun SAAMI could find. Now days there are high performance bullets in +P or P+P velocities.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

It depends on how much you shoot. I reload because I like to shoot a lot. Also I have a small 40 cal that I like to shoot 155 GR bullets in and download it some so it does not kick as much, but still does not cause feeding problems. At 20 feet or less, that small loss of velocity should not mater.
What are those high performance bullets costing ? A dollar or more each ?
Also with the big buy out now, it is difficult to find the loaded ammo of most kinds. It is also difficult to find components now also. It is less costly to store the bullets, powder,and primers than it is the loaded stuff.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Mon, 4 Mar 2013 23:23:06 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"

I was at Bass Pro the other day, They were out of primers of any kind, only a few rifle bullets in unpopular calibers and they had one can of shotgun powder. If course there was not any pistol ammo and a few boxes of rifle ammo (no 308 or 223) but they had plenty of shotgun ammo. Maybe that is why Biden said "buy a shotgun". He wants to deplete that ammo supply too,
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Attila Iskander wrote:

If you mean "reloading your own ammunition" (to be "hotter" than usual), you are correct.
When talking about commercial ammunition, it's difficult to refute a prosecutors claim: "The defendant SET OUT to kill! Why else would he have loaded his weapon with "Atlas Red Rhino Atomic Devestator Orphan Maker" ammunition...?" The same logic and argument would obtain if someone hand-loaded bullets to be sooper-dooper.
I use Glazer Safety Rounds in my carry weapons. These are frangible rounds, meaning they fragment into a zillion pieces upon impact. The massive damage they do is an unfortunate consequence of their inteded characteristic of no over-penetration or ricochette (wink-wink). Heck, they even have "Safety" as part of their name!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

We're still waiting for a cite of such a case...

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Attila Iskander wrote:

A cite is difficult inasmuch as issues such as this are raised at the trial level and seldom make it to published opinions of appelate courts.
Nevertheless, here are four cases. Note the first case includes the observation (by the DA):
Why wasnt regular ammunition deadly enough for you, used by opposing counsel. They charged Kennedy with aggravated assault. They made a large issue out of his use of handloads, suggesting that they were indicative of a reckless man obsessed with causing maximum damage.
http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost.php?p !29976&postcount0
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload


You fail to mention that 3 of 4 cases were did not pose a problem and the argument was demolished by the defense. In effect the same defense would also work in the future. IN the 2nd case, there were other far more critical factors.
In other words, it's just fear-mongering.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

al

al)

ce

to

And as I pointed out above, you are wrong. Police are NOT allowed to shoot "fleeing felons" unless there is a very good reason to do so. CLUE for the CLUELESS - there are lots of grades of felonies and damn few of them would justfy being shot at while fleeing.
Yes, I see that my original post was to fgretw, not you. So why did you step in there and then prove my point of your wrongness in the next post?
Harry K
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

# # And as I pointed out above, you are wrong. Police are NOT allowed to # shoot "fleeing felons" unless there is a very good reason to do so. # CLUE for the CLUELESS - there are lots of grades of felonies and damn # few of them would justfy being shot at while fleeing. # # Yes, I see that my original post was to fgretw, not you. So why did # you step in there and then prove my point of your wrongness in the # next post?
Repeating yourself like a stupid parrot doesn't make you right. Just repetitive There are all kinds of situations where you are perfectly in your right to shoot someone "running away" Trying to escape with the goods of a felony theft is one of them Most states DO have a statute to that effect.
Vermont http://www.leg.state.vt.us/statutes/fullsection.cfm?Title &Chapter3&Section305 justifiable homicide - Guiltless (2) In the suppression of a person attempting to commit murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, burglary or robbery, with force or violence; or
If the "robber" is still around and absconding with the goods, he is STILL in effect in the process of committing robbery
New Hampshire http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/lxii/627/627-mrg.htm 627:8 Use of Force in Property Offenses. - A person is justified in using force upon another when and to the extent that he reasonably believes it necessary to prevent what is or reasonably appears to be an unlawful taking of his property, or criminal mischief, or to retake his property immediately following its taking; but he may use deadly force under such circumstances only in defense of a person as prescribed in RSA 627:4.
I'll leave you to educate yourself about other NE States, which pretty well have similar statutes
Bottom line is your argument will be "I was trying to stop him from committing the crime. Unfortunately, he consequently died from my attempt to stop him." There is jurisprudence, that in effect you will walk..
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.