Shoot through the door

Page 1 of 4
So sez Vice President Biden. That will scare people away from the house. http://tinyurl.com/d993qt2 He must be getting hold of the same stuff Cheech and Chong used years ago. http://tinyurl.com/cnn37bc "Daves not here"

This shows really well the difference http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/18/watch-as-this-woman-proves-she-knows-more-about-guns-marksmanship-then-you-probably-ever-will/

the

ars

There's some South African guy in trouble for doing just that.

the

rs

Yesterdday CBS news showed a video that Feinstein played at the hearings showing the weapons that the libs want to ban. It featured an obviously fully automatic rifle going full speed, with Feinstein saying in the background "This weapon is legal today......"
Which of course is a gross distortion and not what the core of the gun debate about "assault weapons" is even about. No such weapon was used in any of the shootings. Just another lib lie, repeated with relish by the lib media.

If the lib government sends the Feds to confiscate our guns, they should send them to Texas first. That way there would be no one left to bother people in the other states....

Since the 1934 Gun Control Act, which regulated fully-automatic weapons, there has been exactly ONE crime committed with an automtic weapon.
And that crime was undertaken by a police officer who scored his weapon from his police department's weapons locker.
Oren wrote:

You are right. Thanks for the correction.
Still, the essential fact is that there has been only ONE crime involving a fully-automatic weapon since 1934.

You have to add a "legally registered" full automatic weapon. Guns in the NFA registry are conspicuously absent on crime.

Criminals would never break the law. Only Joe "Plugs" Biden would do that.

Nope.
http://plasticsurgerystar.com/joe-biden-hair-transplant-before-and-after

On 2/27/2013 10:50 PM, Dean Hoffman > wrote:

With secret service living/renting a guest house on his property in Chateau Country you probably can't get within a half mile of his house.
It would also be illegal to fire a shot out the door, as well as it would be illegal to shoot someone outside the house. Castle doctrine only allows you to shoot an intruder inside.
Biden's previous residence was surrounded by a stockade fence. You could not even see the house.
We're not talking about the "common man" here.
Frank wrote:

Not so. "Castle Doctrine" or no, you are allowed to use deadly force in defense of yourself. It could be "up close and personal" as was the claimed case of Trevon Martin or it could be some distance away.
If my assailant is standing ACROSS THE STREET and taking pot-shots at me, I have an absolute right to shoot back (assuming other facts not in evidence).
If, to zero in on your scenario, the malefactor is chopping on my front door with an axe and screaming "I'm gonna cut off your head ! I'll teach you to trample my petunias!" It would be not only legal, but meritorious, to shoot through the door.
Inside, outside, might make a difference in the "reasonable man" test, but is irrelevant as far as the law is concerned.
On 2/28/2013 4:53 PM, HeyBub wrote:

Right but people that get in trouble for example are the guy that shot someone stealing his motorcycle outside going away from him. Police said since he was not threatened he should not have been shot. I've heard people told candidly by cops that if they shoot someone outside to drag him inside.
Coming home today, I thought I might drive by Biden's house to see what I might see. Didn't see anything and not even sure where the drive was. Years ago I used to drive this road to work but when they expanded the main road it leads to, I could no longer easily access the main road as they changed the Biden road. It is a nice oasis of rich people in an otherwise crowded area.
Frank wrote:

As for shooting at a fleeing subject, you are correct regarding some jurisdictions. In my state, however:
--- begin quote Texas Penal Code 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property: (1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and (2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary: (A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or (B) to prevent the other who is FLEEING immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and (3) he reasonably believes that: (A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or (B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury. --- end quote
No cop would EVER tell you to drag the deceased inside! For starters, how would you explain the trail of blood?
Remember, too, you always have the right to self-defense (unless you live in the UK). Also, remember it's your word against nobody's*. "Officer, he kept shouting 'I'm gonna kill you! I'm gonna kill you! And I, in fear of my life, defended myself!"
--
* Or, if the stink-eye lives, it's the word of a righteous citizen against
that of an obvious, and probably well-known, goblin.

Nonsense. Most States have laws allowing the use of deadly force to stop a criminal getting away while committing a felony.
On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 20:34:22 -0600, "Attila Iskander"

Maybe Texas but far from "most states". In fact most states do not allow deadly force unless there is imminent threat of bodily harm, some even qualify that to say you must have no ability to run away, even inside your house. (I know a guy in Md who did hard time for it) If you shoot someone running away in a "blue" state, you are going to jail. Do not pass go, do not collect $200
On Mar 3, 7:48 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Correct. Even the police are not allowed to shoot fleeing felons in most states unless there is a very good reson to do so, the act of fleeing in and of itself is not sufficient.
Harry K

# # Correct. Even the police are not allowed to shoot fleeing felons in # most states unless there is a very good reson to do so, the act of # fleeing in and of itself is not sufficient.
What is wrong with your reading skills Notice the "WHILE COMMITTING A FELONY " at the end of the sentence ? Or was that phrase too complex for you two ?

nal

e ?

Did you not notice that you mentioned shooting someone running away?
They are not allowed to shoot even "WHILE COMMITTING A FELONY" except to preserve life.
Harry K