Shoot through the door

So sez Vice President Biden. That will scare people away from the house.

He must be getting hold of the same stuff Cheech and Chong used years ago.
"Daves not here"

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

This shows really well the difference

ChairMan

There's some South African guy in trouble for doing just that.

Reply to
harry

Yesterdday CBS news showed a video that Feinstein played at the hearings showing the weapons that the libs want to ban. It featured an obviously fully automatic rifle going full speed, with Feinstein saying in the background "This weapon is legal today......"

Which of course is a gross distortion and not what the core of the gun debate about "assault weapons" is even about. No such weapon was used in any of the shootings. Just another lib lie, repeated with relish by the lib media.

Reply to
trader4

If the lib government sends the Feds to confiscate our guns, they should send them to Texas first. That way there would be no one left to bother people in the other states....

Reply to
Robert

With secret service living/renting a guest house on his property in Chateau Country you probably can't get within a half mile of his house.

It would also be illegal to fire a shot out the door, as well as it would be illegal to shoot someone outside the house. Castle doctrine only allows you to shoot an intruder inside.

Biden's previous residence was surrounded by a stockade fence. You could not even see the house.

We're not talking about the "common man" here.

Reply to
Frank

I wonder if that will lead to the Biden Defense.

"Well, the Vice President told me to....."

Did you see the video with the women firing shotguns, and getting bowled over? Versus the woman sending well aimed 5.56 down range?

.

So sez Vice President Biden. That will scare people away from the house.

He must be getting hold of the same stuff Cheech and Chong used years ago.
"Daves not here"

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Dean Hoffman > wrote the following on 2/27/2013 10:50 PM (ET):

The VP suffers from the same birth defect as I. I was born without a filter between my brain and mouth. Fortunately, I realize this and never ran for a political position. Bidens greatest gaffes

At 2.26 in the video, at a meeting, Joe Biden asks Senator Chuck Graham in the crowd to stand up and be recognized. Chuck is in a wheelchair!

Reply to
willshak

Umm...no. He did not say anything about shooting through a door. He said to step out on the balcony and fire two shots in the air.

Harry (anal about facts) K

Reply to
Harry K

We all know but firing shots outside when the thief is in your house is the pussy Liberal response ;)

Reply to
Frank

If there's a fox in your chickens, shoot your dog.

It's the liberal way.

.

We all know but firing shots outside when the thief is in your house is the pussy Liberal response ;)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

...and use all your ammunition doing it.

Reply to
krw

Since the 1934 Gun Control Act, which regulated fully-automatic weapons, there has been exactly ONE crime committed with an automtic weapon.

And that crime was undertaken by a police officer who scored his weapon from his police department's weapons locker.

Reply to
HeyBub

Not so. "Castle Doctrine" or no, you are allowed to use deadly force in defense of yourself. It could be "up close and personal" as was the claimed case of Trevon Martin or it could be some distance away.

If my assailant is standing ACROSS THE STREET and taking pot-shots at me, I have an absolute right to shoot back (assuming other facts not in evidence).

If, to zero in on your scenario, the malefactor is chopping on my front door with an axe and screaming "I'm gonna cut off your head ! I'll teach you to trample my petunias!" It would be not only legal, but meritorious, to shoot through the door.

Inside, outside, might make a difference in the "reasonable man" test, but is irrelevant as far as the law is concerned.

Reply to
HeyBub

You are right. Thanks for the correction.

Still, the essential fact is that there has been only ONE crime involving a fully-automatic weapon since 1934.

Reply to
HeyBub

Right but people that get in trouble for example are the guy that shot someone stealing his motorcycle outside going away from him. Police said since he was not threatened he should not have been shot. I've heard people told candidly by cops that if they shoot someone outside to drag him inside.

Coming home today, I thought I might drive by Biden's house to see what I might see. Didn't see anything and not even sure where the drive was. Years ago I used to drive this road to work but when they expanded the main road it leads to, I could no longer easily access the main road as they changed the Biden road. It is a nice oasis of rich people in an otherwise crowded area.

Reply to
Frank

That just demonstrated a training problem. We had tiny women shooting a 12 gauge all night at the skeet league.

Reply to
gfretwell

You have to add a "legally registered" full automatic weapon. Guns in the NFA registry are conspicuously absent on crime.

Reply to
gfretwell

Is it legal to hunt skeet at night?

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I think the only reason why Joe Biden suggested shooting someone through a door was because his mouth was running before his brain was fully engaged.

The politically correct way would be to phone 911...

..and only shoot them if they get through the door before the police come.

I expect Canada's laws are different from those in the US when it comes to using guns for self defense. I'm thinking that as long as there's a locked door between you and the person that want's to chop you into pieces with an axe, and you're holding a loaded gun so that you can shoot them much faster than they can start chopping away at you, then shooting them before they even manage to hack their way through the door is a bit premature.

Still, in a situation like that, I don't expect a normal person would think about it that way, so I don't know if the "reasonable man" rule would apply here. A reasonable man in that situation would be pi$$ing his pants too.

Reply to
nestork