Shoes

Page 2 of 2
LdB wrote:

Ever heard of Fibber McGee's closet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9FGC68YcwM

Good point, but this was only an idea - and of course I ran it by her first.

That's what my house WAS! Real Estate agent (a female) took one look and, after retching, called it a "man cave." Now it looks as if a woman lives here.
I knew I was in for a change when it was decided that the bison head over the fireplace and the mounted beaver on the hearth had to go.
I learned that, in addition to having a century's supply shoes, a woman cannot have too many pillows, doilies, figurines, vases, dried flowers, pictures of grandchildren, and incense sticks. Also, the refrigerator is stocked with REALLY wierd food, like 27 flavors of yogurt and eight kinds of salad dressings.
Oh well, viva la differance!

You forgot the most important item. Candles.
And next to that, hundreds of those free plastic grocery bags. The ones that usually disintegrate before being used. I have always says it's a reflection of a person's insecurity by how many of those FREE plastic bags they have.
But they DO come in handy to store candles and shoes and all that other stuff in................
Steve
Steve B wrote:

[Slaps face] How could I overlook candles. The bathtub now looks like a religious shrine.

That's going too far! I use those free plastic bags: 1) To temporarily store a paintbrush in the middle of a job, and 2) Cut a piece to place under the paint can lid to act as a seal.
They also serve to hold the clean-out of the kitty-litter box on its way to the trash.
I used to use them to hold various veggies in the crisper. That way, when the vegetable rotted, it didn't soil the vegetable bin. Until you've tried to sop up something that used to be an eggplant, you won't appreciate the idea.