shithole advice

Without intending to do so, my good friend leslie asked me to troubleshoot her toilet situation, which I as an adapted carpenter, try to feign.
So what would be my method to troubleshoot a pooperei that will continually overflow?
I'd probly want to show up with an anchor kit, because I can't imagine it's less than demounting the throne.
--
Uno

Add pictures here
✖
On 11/27/2011 11:33 PM, Uno wrote:

I think I'd snake it first before demounting it. The tool you need for that is called a "closet auger".
Add pictures here
✖

Overflow?
If it's the tank that overflows, it's the filler in the tank. Best course of action is to replace but look at it first. Could be something blocking it's closure or leaking ball, etc.
If it's the bowl overflowing, first step is plunger. If that fails, you want a snake. A cheap hand operated one will usually do.
It's very unlikely that "demounting" the bowl will be required.
--
Dan Espen

Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 28, 10:18 am, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

Like always, the OP is a little vague. Maybe because he is stating what was stated to him from her.
Anyway, in regards to the tank overflowing............
Some tanks seem to flow into the bowl constantly, even tho the valve appears to shut the water off before it reaches the top of the fill tube. In this case, the water is being siphon in because the little fill hose is lower than the water level in the tank. All one has to do is raise the fill hose above the tanks water level.
Hank
Add pictures here
✖

The answer is yes, no, maybe, absolutely, only in the Northern Hemisphere, and I don't have a clue.
Overflow.
Now there's a word that can have many meanings, causes, and solutions. Would you care to share with us exactly where this overflow is so that we might be some sort of help?
Patient to doctor, as patient lifts arm, "Doc, it hurts when I do that." Doctor to patient, "Don't do that. And don't forget to pay the receptionist."
Steve
Add pictures here
✖