Shingling roof ridge

I am just finishing up laying shingles on my shed, and I am wondering how I shingle the ridge. I assume I could get a ridge vent but I'd like to use cut shingles if possible. Can someone please explain how to do this? Thanks.
if using 3 tab shingles, cut each shingle into three individual tabs and nail these on. look at some existing roofs around you to see how it is done. if you have architectural shingles, like timberline, then you have to buy the hip and ridge shingle. no need for a ridge vent on a shed.

Before you finish, consider installing skylights. They're plastic and not a lot of money. The ones I've seen are vented FWIW. The extra light comes in very handy, especially at the end of the day.