Shingle or Roll roofing question

Hi Everyone, I have to help a friend shingle a small garage roof in a couple of weeks. The problem is that there is a little addition to the garage that runs the length of the building, 20 feet, and sticks out about 6 feet. The roof of this addition is a very low pitch, perhaps over the 6 feet it rises 1 foot where it meets the original garage roof.

I was thinking just too lay tarpaper and then regular asphalt shingles, but, would roll roofing work better in this situation? It has been a long time since I?ve shingled, and I?m not really looking forward to it, sigh. Thanks for any opinions,

John.

Reply to
Jdmst

I thought this question was asked about a week or two ago. Did you not get an answer?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I'm no roofer. House here in Florida where there's absolutely no standing for freezing water or snow has paper and shingles but the paper is one upped heftier in weight and overlap is a tad more. If it accumulates leaves or any branches its likely to dam and over time dirt will build up under shingles eventually making life interesting cleaning up under those tabs & tricky to find leaks.

Reply to
bumtracks

Hi Joseph, Perhaps it was, I'll try and seach for the replies, but not by me.

Thanks for the hint,

John

Reply to
Jdmst