Shielding Electrical Ignition Noise from Oil Burner

My heating system uses a Carlin 101 burner head with constant ignition spark.
Should there be a direct wire connection from the burner head chassis to an earth ground?
I would think that the chassis being metalic would shield the spark ignition noise, but the running burner causes a high level noise in HF receiver.
Thanks.
Vince wrote:

I dont know why you couldnt...Any mettallic object in your furnace should be grounded anyway for safety.....an additional ground to earth surely wont hurt anything...worth a try.
Wonder if you could use one of those noise filters on the furnace power supply but wired in reverse in order to keep the trash from getting out of the furnace into the mains...
Ive seen this done with high frequency spark equipment before.....
How bout a filter on the power supply to your receiver ???

My furnace uses constant spark also but I don't have any EMI from it. The transfomer and all the secondary wires and the spark gap are all shielded inside the metal combustion chamber. It doesn't reall ymatter if it ig grounded or not as long as it is enclosed in metal... you might try a resistor in series of the type made for autombile ignitions...
be VERY carfeul with the transformer secondary side, that voltage can easily kill you...
Mark