Sherwin-Williams Paint

Is interior Sherwin-Williams paint better than Rodda paint? $10 a gallon better?

I have no idea about Rodda, but I have used SW. It is good paint and yes, you usually get better result with the more expensive paints. Less runs, drips, better coverage. How important is it to risk a crappy job to save $10 a room? Try a gallon of each in different rooms and decide yourself.

gallon
Absolutely. There are times and places to save money (hotels, airfare, etc.) and times and places where it's counterproductive to save a buck (paint, shingles, surgery). Choose wisely.
"Jim Ranieri" <heck no> wrote in message

Dunn-Edwards paint is better quality than SW.
Don't seem to have Dunn-Edwards in this area. The choice appears to be Rodda or Valspar or Sherwin-Williams. Sherwin-Williams appears to be the most expensive. Its on sale this month at $29. I am going to buy 10 gallons or so in the morning.
Never heard of Rodda, but I've used S-W's higher lines and like it fine.

Never hear of Rodda... but you tell me: if it was as good as the S-W paint, do you *really* think they'd be selling it for TEN BUCKS a gallon less?
I've used a *lot* of S-W paint over the years, and *never* had *any* cause for complaint with it. It's really good paint. Goes on easily, covers well, very durable.
Cheap paint is no bargain.
Which is less expensive: a $22/gallon premium paint that does the job with one gallon, or a $12/gallon "budget" paint that requires two gallons to cover?
--
Regards,