Shelf: Dowel/bolt Mount...

Greetings alt.home.repair guru's...
I am searching for a shelf system where I can mount shelf (hold about 50 pd of books) with no visable hardware. I imagine the mounting system would be a bolt mounted in wall that would extend through shelf (hidden after mount).
Is there a name for this shelving process - something I can buy...?
TIA for ideas...

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/diy_kits/article/0,2019,DIY_13787_2385850,00.html

Blind shelf support- or Invisible shelf support.
If you're going to use at least 4/4 lumber- these are pretty good--- and I can vouch for LeeValley being an excellent business to deal with- http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=3&pQ933&cat=3,43648,43649
Jim