sheetrock/Drywall

Is sheetrock and drywall the same product? Has there ever been a difference?

Reply to
canthonica

By common usage, they are the same.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

It's a regional thing. When I lived in Penna, it was sheetrock, I moved a couple hundred miles west to Ohio and it was drywall. Fortunately that prepared my for TX, as it is drywall here. Nothing, however prepared me for the fact that here they pour "concreek" foundations.

Reply to
Eric in North TX

It's a regional thing. When I lived in Penna, it was sheetrock, I moved a couple hundred miles west to Ohio and it was drywall. Fortunately that prepared my for TX, as it is drywall here. Nothing, however prepared me for the fact that here they pour "concreek" foundations.

Reply to
Eric in North TX

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com spake thus:

I believe "Sheetrock" used to be a trade name for drywall (the generic term for what's more properly called "gypsum wallboard"). "Sheetrock" has now entered the language much like terms like "kleenex", "xerox", "dumpster", etc.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Sheetrock is drywall, but drywall is not always sheetrock.

Sheetrock is a brand name of drywall, or gypsum board made by US Gypsum Corp. .

Gold Bond brand is made by National Gypsum

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Sheetrock is a trademark. Drywall isn't.

Reply to
Goedjn