sheetrock/Drywall

Is sheetrock and drywall the same product? Has there ever been a difference?

By common usage, they are the same.
It's a regional thing. When I lived in Penna, it was sheetrock, I moved a couple hundred miles west to Ohio and it was drywall. Fortunately that prepared my for TX, as it is drywall here. Nothing, however prepared me for the fact that here they pour "concreek" foundations.
It's a regional thing. When I lived in Penna, it was sheetrock, I moved a couple hundred miles west to Ohio and it was drywall. Fortunately that prepared my for TX, as it is drywall here. Nothing, however prepared me for the fact that here they pour "concreek" foundations.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com spake thus:

I believe "Sheetrock" used to be a trade name for drywall (the generic term for what's more properly called "gypsum wallboard"). "Sheetrock" has now entered the language much like terms like "kleenex", "xerox", "dumpster", etc.
--
Just as McDonald\'s is where you go when you\'re hungry but don\'t really

Sheetrock is drywall, but drywall is not always sheetrock.
Sheetrock is a brand name of drywall, or gypsum board made by US Gypsum Corp. .
Gold Bond brand is made by National Gypsum
On 26 Oct 2006 14:52:02 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Sheetrock is a trademark. Drywall isn't.