Sheetrock ceiling vs. drop ceiling tiles

Does it cost more to have a sheetrock ceiling vs. drop ceiling tiles installed?
Wow, good question. I'd bet on tiles being more $$$. Price out the materials at lowes.com, sheetrock is way lower. Labor - if you use a good drywaller - would be comparable.
(Disclaimer: I may be wrong.)
On 7 Nov 2006 15:34:52 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

On the other hand, you may be right. Drywall is cheaper, and there is less labour.
Ken
As a DIY suspended may end up cheaper if you would have to hire the tape and bed for the drywall and you have to paint it as well. A well trained chimp with a level could hang suspended, the top side can look like crap with tie wire everywhere so long as the bottom side looks good.

Suspended ceilings rarely look good in residential settings, with the possible exception of a small room like a bath. I would only use them were access to plumbing, etc. above is paramount.
-Tim

My sister had a house in Fla. that had them throughout, and while it looked a little odd at first, it grew on you. That was the first time I'd ever seen it done with every panel the egg crate plastic grid normally reserved for lights.