sheeting off a crawlspace (radon)

I just had laminated flooring installed in my entire basement. They used 6 mil plastic as well to help block the radon. Everything is pretty nicely sealed. But they were only able to partially do my crawlspace. (obviously because of the water pump , water heater in the way) Plus the area underneath my stairs inside the crawlspace is exposed. (poured concrete)

I'd say theres about 40 to 50 square feet of crawl space thats expose.

Before I get my radon levels tested again, I'd like to sheet off the crawlspace with 6 mm plastic. Im just not sure how to keep it a tight seal down there. Taping the plastic to the sheetrock should be no problem, but there are sections where i'd have to tape it down on the concrete as well, and im sure that wont stick for long. any ideas ?

Reply to
john

I guess nobody knows, ey ?

Reply to
john

I don't know but do you have a radon problem? Radon is a gas and remediation is blocking and ventilation. I would have it checked first before doing anything. I would buy a test kit and do it myself to avoid any tie in with someone that both wants to run test and remediate. Personally, if levels are borderline, I would do nothing as EPA tends to set exposure levels to radon and other toxins at levels lower than necessary.

Reply to
Frank