Sheet rock

Hi- What's the best way to clean up all the sheet rock dust that remains after sanding? Thanks.

____________________________________ Posted via Homerepairlive.com

Tc DiVincenzo

Why don't all you guys join us live on the newsgroup at alt.home.repair

and maybe we can come up with some answers for you.

I do this to help people not promote a website.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Because some people don't KNOW HOW to access Usenet. This is a simple way to do so. What difference does it make whether you use a newsreader or a web forum to access the newsgroup? If you don't want to answer, then don't.

Jeb

____________________________________ Posted via Homerepairlive.com

jebber007

See those little ads over there to the side, "ads by google"?

Well if I am providing the content and it for commercial purposes then I am the one who is going to get paid. So no I won't be answering any posts that come from homerepairlive.

Now if you want help join us in the newsgroup I will answer your questions. If you want site content write your own.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

These idiots are posting one word headings, followed by one sentence questions. I got sucked into answering one.

If it ain't spammin', it's close enough for me. Don't think we ought to respond to their posts.

Ken

Reply to
bambam

Everyone can do as they like.

I have no intention of answering any posts that come from there.

I took a hard line in my response above because I felt like it was from site personnel and I was being baited. So I bit!

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Power washing works good.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

questions.

So Colbyt how do you feel about YOUR content being used by a multi billion dollar company known as Google? Guess what, they provide a web based newsreader too and they also have ads on the right side.

In my opinion the questions being asked by homerepairlive users haven't been very descriptive. I think that may be because the site makes it so easy to post. Some efforts need to be made on that end to make sure posts are descriptive and helpful to the community as a whole.

I think Usenet has been a great resource on the internet that has been "hidden" from the realm of the average internet user. Heck, even advanced internet users may have never used a newsreader. However, it is a great tool to bring people together and talk about a common purpose.

Overall, I think steps need to be made by HomeRepairLive that better informs the user as far as posting etiquette and the like, but in the end I think it may bring a lot of new people that can really add value to this newsgroup. Are you going to tell me that contractors, plumbers, electricians, etc. who have never even heard of Usenet don't have valuable information to give? HomeRepairLive could possibly be the intro they need to tap into an incredibly community.

My 2 cents.

Mike

____________________________________ Posted via Homerepairlive.com

mikeytag

wet mop or sponge

____________________________________ Posted via Homerepairlive.com

Ichabod

I have mastered the damp cellulose sponge and bucket-of-water technique to smooth drywall. Once you get the hang of it, you'll never sand again.

Do not use a vacuum cleaner or a shopvac for drywall dust (This can quickly clog the bag/filter and possibly damage the motor.) Use a dust pan and whisk broom. Wear a dust mask.

Whenever I do drywall work or cut drywall (for example to install a new electrical outlet or switch), I use masking tape and newspaper to catch the dust. This makes cleanup fast and easy. Getting drywall dust in the carpet is something you want to avoid.

Reply to
Phisherman

I usually lift my floor boards, take them outside, and shake them out.

Reply to
Boward