Shed/storage question

Sheds cost an arm and a leg.
I am thinking digging a hole on my property to store certain material underground. Do I need governmental permission to dig (I live Oklahoma) half a garage size large and deep hole?
Some of the stuff that I want to store are lots of books and papers. They could rott when I just put them in the ground, cover them with a blanket and throw dirt over it. What material could I use to wrap around to protect the books and papers to protect the books and papers?
On Mar 19, 10:09 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

perhaps you can scan your documents and store the files on dvd's; download the electronic version of the books and store them on dvd's. where would the removed dirt all go? when it rains, the sidewalls could collapse slowly or like a mudslide. although it is interesting it could present a danger of collapse or drowning for anyone walking onto the property, which is usually some variety of a criminal negligence offense. depending on the climate, the underground storage with its dampness and freezing/thawing could accelerate the damage to your items.
This has to be a troll. There is nothing worth keeping secret in Oklahoma.
--
Steve Barker

YOU should be the one

could then store the ashes glass jar where they will be protected from humidity.
Is rott a Oklahoman term?

You apparently don't give a rat's a** about the papers and books so why bother throwing them into a hole to "keep" them. If this isn't a troll you aren't demonstrating a great deal of common sense. If it is a troll you aren't demonstrating great deal of common sense.