Shed roof question

Shed project question....building gable roof for 12 x 16 shed. have most of the rafters up today, and was planning to put 1/2 inch osb sheathing tomorrow...
I ordered metal roof parts tonight (most of which were not stocked) and it will be about 10 days before I have them. Should I install sheathing and cover with felt? I am sure we will have some rain over this time. I do have about 1/2 of T1-11 siding installed and stained and will put the rest up tomorrow....Just not sure what to do with roof.....would 30lb felt protect osb from rain?
snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

As long as it is well lapped and well stapled, that'll work. If you have some long 1x laying around, may wanna tack it up on the leading edges of the paper in the direction the wind comes from, just so the wind doesn't peel it back. Otherwise, run the felt long and staple it to the fly rafters. As a kid, felting a naked roof was a chore I was often assigned to, if it was a few days till the roofers could get there. If it does rain a lot, make sure paper and roof is dry before you apply the shingles.
-- aem sends....
On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 03:58:43 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

Probably, depends on the rain. You can use an inexpensive tarp weighted down with a few bricks.

I agree with this post. I like to be sure the OSB is dry. It is okay stuff when dry.
I Kept a large dormer addition dry through several summer storms with nothing but a Harbor Freight big blue tarp last year. We added the OSB just before the shingles.
Colbyt
Phisherman wrote:

(slaps forehead) Duh! There was no such thing as cheap semi-disposable blue tarps when I was a kid, so that didn't even occur to me. And to make me feel even dumber, I own a house in Louisiana, in a town where every 3rd house had a blue roof for a couple of years. Yeah, that is a good idea. A tarp that is big enough for that shed would be cheaper than buying new felt if the first layer blows off. And at the price, I wouldn't even feel bad about holding it down with nailed 1x strips, like they did down south.
-- aem sends...
On Sep 22, 8:58pm, snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

The felt will easily protect the OSB .....if it doesn't blow off / get ripped up by the wind.
How much rain are you taking about? Where are oyu located? Roof pitch?
If you're not getting more than a 1" of rain & its not going to rain for days (a quick hit followed by sunny weather) ......I might just skip the felt to avoid the possible damage to the felt.
cheers Bob