Shed Ramp

I am building a ramp for my shed and need some help. I to use *2x8 x 4ft* long as stringers and can not get the measurements right to get the angles for the ground cut and the ledger cut. The height from the ground to the floor is *10 inches*
Can some one help with this dilemma
On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 03:44:01 +0000, DJ1111

Use a framing square. Use 24" mark on the long side and 5" mark on the short side. That establishes the angle for a 5" drop in 24 or 10" in 48"
On 09/19/2016 03:44 AM, DJ1111 wrote:

~78 degrees
On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 11:44:05 PM UTC-4, DJ1111 wrote:

wood in direct ground contact will rot:(
add dirt toto the proper angle, and use paving stones. its better to make the ramp longer, easier to move stuff in and out
On 9/18/16 10:44 PM, DJ1111 wrote:

Would pickup loading ramps work for you? One advantage would be they can be moved easily when it's time to mow and such.

That is what I am using for my shed. I did not plan it that way. I had a riding mower that I needed to move between 2 houses several miles apart each week or so. Bolught the ramps for that. Then bought a shed and now I use the ramps to put the mower in and out. Just put the ramps down when loading or unloading th emower from the shed.
On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 13:40:42 -0400, Ralph Mowery

A friend of mine used to have a shed where the door was the ramp. It hinged at the bottom.
On Monday, September 19, 2016 at 5:37:21 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Did the shed look like trailer? ;-)
On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 16:47:30 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

That may have been the inspiration.
On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 10:44:05 PM UTC-5, DJ1111 wrote:

Angle for the ground cut is arcsin(10/48) = 12 degrees Angle for ledger cut = 90 degrees - (angle for ground cut) = 78 degrees
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Is there a calculator on line to derive at the results for those who do not know trig? I wish I did but do not.
--
You either teach people to treat you with dignity and respect, or
you don't. This means you are partly responsible for the mistreatment

If you just use a framing square you don't need any math at all and it will be perfect every time no matter what the rise and run ends up being.
On 9/21/2016 10:38 AM, JAS wrote:

I don't know about trig but I do know it it gets much hotter than 78 degrees I'd wait a day or two to do it.
Wed, 21 Sep 2016 14:38:41 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

You don't know how to use a search engine, either?
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=online+trig+calculator&t=hl&ia=web
That was easy. Pick one.