Shaw's laminate flooring won't clip together - what gives?

Upon installing (or more accurately trying to install) a floor this morning, pieces just wouldn't clip together. Occasionally, they did, but this seemed to be whimsical. Tapping it together did no good whatsoever. It was maddening!
Any thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong - and I *know* I'm doing something wrong.
The wood was leaning up against a wall in their boxes for all of 24 hours, could this be it? By laying flat now solve the problem if this is it?
Thanks in advance...

Got 15 boxes of it sitting on the floor right now. Haven't got to it yet so..
Not sure what's inside as far as instructions but did you see their online version?
http://www.shawfloors.com/img/assets/3601/VersaLockLaminateWoodLookInstallInstructions.pdf
As you know now, it's supposed to be stored flat. Also it's suppose to be stored in the environment it is to be installed in for 48hrs.
Instructions say to store flat only 3 high. They were loaded up pretty high on those pallets at the store though!
Curious to know how you make out. Please follow up.
Al...

Hmmm. It may not be Shaws. Name on it is Traffic Master. Stuff from HD clearance/special buy thing.
Anyone know who makes Traffic Master?
Thanks, Al...
"Cx" wrote

From their site "Cartons of flooring must lay flat"
<more> http://www.shawfloors.com/img/assets/3601/VersaLockLaminateWoodLookInstallInstructions.pdf
Cx wrote:

Hello: Instead of laying the "next" piece flat and attempting to push it into the existing floor piece, try inclinig the piece at a slight angle to make the initial connection. this can help to avoid obstructions like variations in floor level. Using a recommended underlyment paper also helps make a clean connection.