Shaw brand laminate flooring

Anybody have experience (good or bad) with Shaw brand laminate?

I am contemplating the Mystique Plus (with foam backing attached) in Cherry Strip, about 200 sq ft, local price about 3$/foot

David djonesLSidaho.com

Reply to
DJ

Thanks Jim. What all is included in the "kit"?

David

Reply to
DJ

Thanks for taking the time to answer Jim, for $0.15 I guess I can afford the kit.

David

Reply to
DJ

Yes David,

I just did two bedrooms (1st bedroom was 110 SQ ft and second bedroom was around 125 or so SQ feet) with this stuff made by Shaw. It went together quite well.I completed the job last week so can't comment on it's durability yet. The construction part was actually a fun installation. The floor looks great. Buy the installation kit they sell with it as there are a few tools that will come in very handy.... Hope that was of some help...Jim

Reply to
Jim M

Hi again David,

The kit is about 25 bucks (Canadian funds....which probably translates to about 15 cents American...ha ha) The kit has spacers to make sure you maintain the 1/4 inch gap away from the wall. When tapping the pieces together the whole lamanent floor will actually slide over and cause the 1/4 gap to dissapear, hense the spacers. It has a steel thing for tapping the laminent together when your tight against a wall and can't swing a hammer which is VERY handy. Has a plastic block to put against the laminet to hit with a hammer to save chipping as you tap it together which I think saved a lot of swearing and chipped panels.....and yes....directions for use and installation (which is really the same thing that is explained on the back of the laminent cardboard box container). It also has a glue squeegie plastic thing to help apply any repair filler (which comes in a tube and not with the kit) to any chipped pieces. I think that is about it....good luck....Jim

Reply to
Jim M

on another note David....DON"T use that steel thing when your in the middle of the floor or out in the open...I found out the hard way and wrecked an entire lamanent board which I threw out ............use it where you are going to be covering the floor with the baseboard as the steel thing chips the lamanent... For all your joints,use the plastic block in the kit for tapping the lamanent where you are going to "See" the floor....Jim

Reply to
Jim M