Shaving Door by small amount

Page 2 of 2

that has to be the best idea ever your a genius
minder wrote:

Stubby wrote:

yeah, i realized that right after i posted, (your is easier to write than you're) thanks for the correction

that is the best idea ever
wrote in

If you do choose to do it yourself, you need to bring it up more than just clearing for a bedroom door. For proper heating and/or AC airflow, a gap is absolutely necessary.
Don't recall if it is 1/4" or 1/2". Someone will see this and post I'm sure.
Al Bundy wrote:

Depends on the system. Some houses are built with a cold air return in nearly every room and certainly in the bedrooms. So the door can be very tight.
I want the doors in my house to just rub the top of the carpet (door bottoms are smooth) and I don't have cold air returns in the bedrooms. Bedroom doors are normally open in my house. Works just fine for me.