Shaving Door by small amount

that has to be the best idea ever your a genius

Reply to
minder

that is the best idea ever

Reply to
minder

Depends on the system. Some houses are built with a cold air return in nearly every room and certainly in the bedrooms. So the door can be very tight.

I want the doors in my house to just rub the top of the carpet (door bottoms are smooth) and I don't have cold air returns in the bedrooms. Bedroom doors are normally open in my house. Works just fine for me.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Do you mean "you're" as in "you are"?

Reply to
Stubby

Jack, I have been a commercial, AGC rated master carpenter for over 40 years. I have never, and I have never seen a door bottom cut with a router. I have seen them cut by many other methods. A router would be absolutely the last tool I would have gotten out to do the job. Do you still need to score the veneer to prevent splintering with a router bit? When I have cut borrowed lite and grille holes with a router and template, I have always scored the veneer on the cross grain cuts, what have you found?

___________________________ Keep the whole world singing. . . . DanG

Reply to
DanG

yeah, i realized that right after i posted, (your is easier to write than you're) thanks for the correction

Reply to
minder