shatterproof cfl - can you make?

They sell shatterproof cfl's but not the bulb I want.
Can you make this by dipping them in some coating?
On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 1:36:13 PM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Spray the bulb that you want with many many coats of clear varnish.
On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 12:36:13 PM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Varnish won't help and may deteriorate because of the ultraviolet given off by the CFL. The shatterproof incandescent bulbs I've seen were coated with silicone rubber sealer , and should be able to brush clear silicone onto a CFL, but maybe you'll have to thin out the silicone with alcohol. Also Loctite/Permatex sells a thin silicone rubber sealant designed to be very runny so it seeps into gaps around car windshields to seal them. 3M has another product like this, only it's not silicone based. Try contacting Loctite or 3M because they're really good about giving out information.
On Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 6:33:11 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com wrote:

If we had more info as to the application, there may be alternate solutions. I don't think LEDs for example are as prone to shattering.