sharper image ionic breeze schematic

Does anyone have or know of a source for schematics for the ionic breeze? I have had 2 die after power outages and a new Quadra where the power button stopped working. If anyone knows how to bypass the button, any info would be appreciated. I know basic electricity, can solder, and am not afraid to take things apart. Thanx

Reply to
ditdot

I would expect schematics for such to be unobtainable but shouldn't take too much investigation to follow the power line in and out of the switch. Of course, you'll want then to do a continuity test on the switch to see if it's really the problem.

If so, I'd suggest putting in a toggle or other switch rather than just bypassing it, however. Or at least insert a line switch in the cord if do hardwire the regular one. Be sure whatever you use has adequate load rating.

Reply to
dpb
Re: sharper image ionic breeze schematic open original image
Re: sharper image ionic breeze schematic open original image

replying to dpb, Mike Tinker Hacker wrote: I found one of these ionic breeze things on the street with the line cord cut off. Replacing the cord did not make it work. Turns out there is a fuse which blown and the switching transister was shorted due to some kind of electrical disruption. Not being so electronically smart, I removed the complicated control board, top of the unit and the power board between the flyback, tossed them and did a simple wire thing to it snown in ionicAir 1, The red wire was added. and the incapsulated part between the dust collector / Corona wires base. Wound seven turn of highly The ends of the red added wires are connected to the high frequency 24 Khz in a computer power supply where the the 5 volts is derived BEFORE it is rectified at the small transformer inside the AT power supply. A small 12 volt automobile tail lamp is added to the 5 Volt final DC to give the supply sense to load the supply sense to make it produce stronger output. If you seem to be confused by this, You could find a " Hacker Space in your town where you would find someone who knows electronics better than you. IonicAir2 Shows the completed adaption and there is a piece of toilet paper showing the force of the air that is blown from the unit. As far as the schematic, I am pretty much in the saqme boat as you. Since the rather complicated original circuits have been removed and salvaged for parts. The parts that do remain is a flyback that puts out AC ( Very bottom transformer ) and the intermediate block that the corona wires and the dust collector is connected to contains an encapsulated high voltage multiplier that drives the Ionic Air. Mike

Mike Tinker Hacker