Sharpe Microwave Work nite Light stays on

The two lights on the underside of my over the stove Sharpe R 1480 Microwave oven started staying on and the switch (button) on the control panel has no effect of turning them off. I had to unscrew them. Anyone have a suggestion on how to fix it? Thanks

_________________________ Message sent through

bodoira

Replace the switch. If you look, you can find a matching one locally, including Ace Hardware and Home Depot, or if necessary, some place like mouser.com. If you don't care, you can use any switch rated 250 watts 110 volts or more.

Things would be a lot better and easier for you if you would use a news reader and subscribe to a news server, even a free one.

Reply to
mm

Not familiar with the model in question, but if it is like most over-stove micros I have seen, it ain't a seperate switch, it is one of those expen$ive bubble keypads.

Reply to
aemeijers

Oh, bummer. Well if that's the case, he should find the wire to the lights, find a place to drill a hole and find a switch to put in it, and stop using the original switch. I've never been good at drilling round holes in sheet metal. Even if I use a center punch, they always come out triangular, but not so much that they don't work.

Reply to
mm

It's the control panel. Unlikely to be a home diy'r repair unless you have some electronics background. You could replace them with lower wattage ones or LED ones and live with it.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

By which I mean, it doesn't matter if the keypad won't turn it off. It might be hard to turn a light on that is off, but there are easy ways to turn a light OFF that is on. A switch anywhere in the circuit will do.

Reply to
mm