Sharp R1500 microwave oven problems

I have an over the range Sharp microwave oven. It works fine but the display is very dim. The oven works fine I really don't want to have to take it down and bring it in to find the whole logic board has to be replaced and it is not worth fixing? IS there a small light for the lcd panel?
Anybody have experience with this problem
Thanks
Wayne
Hi,
wayne wrote:

to take

replaced
Don't take it down then! Dim display usually means new smart board time.

Probably, as long as the part doesn't out cost replacing the microwave... CONTROL UNIT.... http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N63551

Several dozen, on the smart board.

Thanks for the help I think for now I will just live with it
Wayne

wayne wrote:

to take

replaced and