sharp edge on desk

Okay, it's not sharp like knife sharp, but I sit low and my forearms rest on the front edge of the desk. This is how I have to have it, can't adjust the height, so what can I do to make it more comfortable?
I tried using a wrist rest from the computer store but it's too high and shifts around. What about a 3/4 round from the lumber store? Since this is a Sauder desk, it's probably pressboard with a veneer. Can I put nails in the edge or should I use carpenter's glue?
Any other suggestions? I've got r-r-r-ridges in my arms.
Thanks much!
Maxi
Email addy upon request.

A piece of outside corner mold was my solution. Cheap and can be had in color that almost matches the desk.
Harry K
A 3/4" round will work, better secured with a rabbet or biscuit slots. Finish nails every 4 or 5" will work too, but you will need to sink with a nailset and putty the holes. In any case, use carpenter's glue. I use a gel armrest and it does not shift around with a rubber bottom. You might need another chair (with arms) too.
On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 20:47:08 -0700, maxinemovies <email on

Half-round will give you a contoured edge without a 'lip' on the top surface, which also may be uncomfortable. Be sure to remove the plastic 'veneer' from the edge before applying the glue, as it will not bond to the plastic. It can be peeled off fairly easily. Joe Arnold