shark nail puller / pry bar ?

at amazon, they've got the shark corp nail puller in a version with both nail puller and pry bar and one with what looks to me like two different types of nail pullers, one on either end. anyone here have experience with either and/or both of em and which one might you recommend? tia!

I have a shark bar but don't find it very useful, since it gouges my hand with the top end while trying to pry with the other end. I use either the excellent Superbar 15" by Vaughan, for nails with exposed heads, or an impact puller for deck nails and other flush nails. Kind of expensive at 50-60 dollars, but very effective if you wish to remove nails and leave boards salvageable. Here is a picture of the impact puller, usually available in well equipped hardware stores. http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdIDe90 The Superbar can be found at Home Depot, etc for about 10 dollars, and unlike the impact puller, requires hammer blows to engage the nailhead.
http://tinyurl.com/9xu4u
i bought this nail puller a year ago and never regretted it. gets out any nail with ease.

i.r.: that's one of the bigger sharks. howz it work w smaller nailed? i was thinking about getting the 7-3/4" one, which could lift bigger nails that i could then use a hammer on.
also: do you use mostly the 90-degree bend puller or do you find yourself using both ends equally?
so far there hasn't been a nail it couldn't pull out. from 16d to aluminum trim nails. works real well on nails with no head as well. i use the 90 degree end a lot more then the straight end. one of the guys i work with has a Vaughn nail puller. pretty much the same design as my sharkgrip but doesn't grip the nails as well as the sharkgrip

I bought the shark to pull up tackless stripping from oak floors. It is also great for pulling off molding. To use the nail puller, you need to wear a glove otherwise the sharp end can cut your hand.
But I find it indispensable.

These are very nice tools to have. I have several. Which one to use depends on nail/head and location. Having both is often handy.
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net /
flipper wrote:

I have a number of nail pullers, including one of the shark design, but I always prefer the rounded-end types like this cat's paw over the pointier styles:
http://www.tools-plus.com/das130.html