Share our blessings

Page 2 of 2

Making him watch TV would be cruel punishment. Given his probable political outlook I'd sentence him to watching Fox News 24-7. For others, MSNBC. (grin).
< <bullshit snipped.

And what is so wrong with that. His best hope for any leniency is to roll over and relax.
The Boy was not in the girl scouts. He was in the military and will most likely spend a lot time regretting his actions over the next 30-40 years in the brig.
I don't think you will find much sympathy in this group.
On 12/24/2010 8:17 PM, Colbyt wrote:

What actions have he been convicted of?
"Patrick Karl" wrote

Don't act the child. He was Military, not a civilian. We are WELL briefed on what that means before we sign up including the legal handling of infractions. He'd have had numerous other briefings on handling of classified information as well.
He's probably still restricted to protect his ass from the other prisioners. We don't suffer traitors very well.
On 12/25/2010 10:52 AM, cshenk wrote:

I was in the military. Don't remember much training about the military justice system at the level of detail you're implying.

You do understand that until he's convicted we don't know whether he is a traitor or not. The treatment he's receiving amounts to cruel and unusual punishment, especially insofar as he hasn't been shown to be guilty of anything. Couldn't we please wait till after the trial to begin pulling his fingernails out?
On 12/25/10 03:38 pm, Patrick Karl wrote:

You mean that "If he weren't guilty, he wouldn't have been arrested" doesn't apply in this case?
Perce
On 12/24/2010 4:36 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

Amen, bro.
Higgs Boson wrote:

Everybody has constitutional rights.
Chief among these is the right to give up these rights.
Manning did so when he voluntarily submitted himself to the rules and procedures of the military.
He's fortunate he's not chained to the wall. Inverted.

One does despair of our beloved country when there is so much outright ignorance about the law, civilian or military. People who are "softened up" by excuses for unconscionable illegalities are so much easier to dominate when, eventually, the rule of law is entirely abandoned and we are turned into a militaristic banana republic. Unfortunately, the hammer falls on us as well as them. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.