Shampooing carpet

Quick and easy question. How long after shampooing carpet should you wait before putting the furniture back. Thanks.
When it's dry. so that furniture colors don't bleed onto carpet, or put a piece of paper under each leg if you have to put furniture back sooner. -B

Uncle Milty wrote:

As said, when it is dry. On a cold winter day or a hot DRY summer day, that may be a short time. Today around here, rain about 70 F and 100% humidity it could be weeks.
The pros use some sort of paper under the furniture so they can get out of there fast.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
I once had (believe it or not) Chemlawn clean my carpet. They moved the furniture back right away but used foil backed paper under all the legs. No problems.

Just had it done professionally--they recommended-- No shoes and no furniture for the next 24 hours. MLD

On 25 Apr 2004 06:46:22 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Uncle Milty) wrote:

You want the carpet to be absolutely dry. Waiting an extra day is very good. A carpet dries faster with moving dry warm air.