Shake and bake LA

A 5.2 shaker hit Borrego Springs near San Diego at 1:05 AM this morning, rudely waking the whole damn hood. I almost got ou of bed for this one, but decided to enjoy the ride and read about it this morning. Still waiting for "the big one"...

Reply to
Eagle

Mag 9+ occur about every 400 years. The last one was about 400 years ago.

From the article:

Reply to
Mike Duffy

Eagle presented the following explanation :

It even woke up the snorin' desert.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

FromTheRafters laid this down on his screen :

:D

Reply to
Eagle

Earthquake insurance is getting more and more expensive here in the bottom half of callyphonya. Very few here have it.

Reply to
Eagle

Don't type while hungry dumpbowl.

Reply to
Eagle

If you look at the map in the link, you will see that Southern California will get off lightly. It's Southern BC, Washington State and Northern Califirnia that will be devastated.

Reply to
Mike Duffy

No, no, no. It's the land of "granola." What ain't fruits and nuts is flakes. OK?

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

The illegal aliens will miss San Francisco ;-)

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

I sure hope christina el moussa of flip or flop, and her hubby dont get injured. i love the show, they now have 2 kids, and i think christina is gorgeous

Reply to
bob haller

Gordon Shumway used his keyboard to write :

Living here is dangerous to the wallet, that much is sho 'nuf.

Reply to
Eagle

Don't forget that the San Andreas fault runs right through LA and the Inland Valley, which is My part of So. Cal. That is what will devistate Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. I am in the Inland Empire, which is less than 100 miles from the fault.

Reply to
Eagle

So will the prancing pretty bois. 8-o

Reply to
Eagle

bob haller used his keyboard to write :

Huh?

Reply to
Eagle

I am a BIG fan of the tv show flip or flop. tarek and christinia live around LA, and honestly christinia is beautiful.

they buy junk home and flip them for big profits

Reply to
bob haller

The San Andreas fault is but a minor spur of the Cascadia fault. The Cascadia fault is the "Big One" that lets loose with a Mag 9+ every few centuries, and the SA fault is just a little one that gives people something to talk about every few years.

When (not 'if', but 'when') the big one happens, nobody will be talking about the relatively minor damage in your part of southern California. It will be completely overshadowed by the utter devastation further north.

Reply to
Mike Duffy

I've never seen that show here. What area are you living?

Reply to
Eagle

We moved to LA [El Monte] back in 1956 from the Rosebud rez. I moved to Poway [San Diego County] in 1972 and here in 2001.

Reply to
Eagle

Na, most of the people effected will be So. Cal residents, Los Angeles County, San Bernardino county, riverside county and San Diego county, so the headlines will be all about So. Cal, not the upper west. I'm saving up to buy beach front property when the "big one" hits. I figure most of San bernardino county will be the new continent shore line.

Reply to
Eagle

True dat! The biggies are "further north".

BTW, Kern County is Bakersfield and is NOT considered part of SoCal. Also, I was there fer that one in '52.

Surfs up!! Seriously! I would watch the "waves" come in, the "waves" being the ground swells rolling across recently plowed fields. I saw something similar during the Loma Prieta earthquake, in which I was also a unwilling participant.

Me, too! And I now live in the CO Rockies. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob