Shake and bake LA

Page 1 of 2
A 5.2 shaker hit Borrego Springs near San Diego at 1:05 AM this morning, rudely waking the whole damn hood. I almost got ou of bed for this one, but decided to enjoy the ride and read about it this morning. Still waiting for "the big one"...
On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 11:26:50 -0700, Eagle wrote:

Mag 9+ occur about every 400 years. The last one was about 400 years ago.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascadia_subduction_zone
From the article:

--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm

Mike Duffy wrote on 6/10/2016 :

Earthquake insurance is getting more and more expensive here in the bottom half of callyphonya. Very few here have it.
On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 13:34:01 -0700, Eagle wrote:

If you look at the map in the link, you will see that Southern California will get off lightly. It's Southern BC, Washington State and Northern Califirnia that will be devastated.
--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm

The illegal aliens will miss San Francisco ;-)
I sure hope christina el moussa of flip or flop, and her hubby dont get injured. i love the show, they now have 2 kids, and i think christina is gorgeous
bob haller used his keyboard to write :

Huh?
On Saturday, June 11, 2016 at 12:06:12 PM UTC-4, Eagle wrote:

I am a BIG fan of the tv show flip or flop. tarek and christinia live around LA, and honestly christinia is beautiful.
they buy junk home and flip them for big profits
bob haller formulated the question :

I've never seen that show here. What area are you living?

I live in pittsburgh, but its a national show carried by HGTV
they also have love it or list it, in 2 versions, property brothers, and other shows. i dont pay much attention to what channel they are on since I hjave a tivo, that records them automatically:)
flip or flops earlier years is on netflix last time i checked......
After serious thinking bob haller wrote :

I checked My list of stations and yes, I have the show listed as well as other house flipping programs. I watch it...
Gordon Shumway brought next idea :

So will the prancing pretty bois. 8-o
Mike Duffy submitted this idea :

Don't forget that the San Andreas fault runs right through LA and the Inland Valley, which is My part of So. Cal. That is what will devistate Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. I am in the Inland Empire, which is less than 100 miles from the fault.
On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 09:04:27 -0700, Eagle wrote:

The San Andreas fault is but a minor spur of the Cascadia fault. The Cascadia fault is the "Big One" that lets loose with a Mag 9+ every few centuries, and the SA fault is just a little one that gives people something to talk about every few years.
When (not 'if', but 'when') the big one happens, nobody will be talking about the relatively minor damage in your part of southern California. It will be completely overshadowed by the utter devastation further north.
--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm

It happens that Mike Duffy formulated :

Na, most of the people effected will be So. Cal residents, Los Angeles County, San Bernardino county, riverside county and San Diego county, so the headlines will be all about So. Cal, not the upper west. I'm saving up to buy beach front property when the "big one" hits. I figure most of San bernardino county will be the new continent shore line.

True dat! The biggies are "further north".
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/top-lists/californias-top-earthquakes-of-all-time/
BTW, Kern County is Bakersfield and is NOT considered part of SoCal. Also, I was there fer that one in '52.
Surfs up!! Seriously! I would watch the "waves" come in, the "waves" being the ground swells rolling across recently plowed fields. I saw something similar during the Loma Prieta earthquake, in which I was also a unwilling participant.

Me, too! And I now live in the CO Rockies. ;)
nb
notbob brought next idea :

I rode out a few 6+shakers here in So. Cal, including the 69 shaker that dropped the brand new clover leave bridge complex out by the grapevine. The ground rolled dramatically where I lived at the time [Fullerton] and I was sure the ground was going to open up. The shaker that took out all the bridges in LA was a fun ride for sure!
Gableking teh moron. wrote :

We moved to LA [El Monte] back in 1956 from the Rosebud rez. I moved to Poway [San Diego County] in 1972 and here in 2001.
Eagle presented the following explanation :

It even woke up the snorin' desert.
FromTheRafters laid this down on his screen :

:D