Sewer Line Dilemma...!

We just moved into a 9yo rancher that has a unique sewer line problem. Here's the deal.
Rancher build in back of homes on established street. Water table only 3 ft below surface.
Owner wanted to connect to city sewer but neighbor (between the rancher and city sewer) refused access to install run to street.
Owner decided to tap into city sewer from rear of property (1.5 acre lot)... loooong ass run and half of the distance is thru woods.
Every two years (during winter... go figure), sewer backs up into the crawl space. We want to avoid this.
We determined the following:
Booster pumps throughout the run (too costly)
Switch to septic (not sure township will allow a disconnect to go to septic system and lose the $) plus the new ski slope out back
Buy the owner of the property in front of the house a big screen TV and maybe then he'll allow access.
Has anyone dealt with such a situation? Any suggestions? Help.... we don't want any turds floating in the crawl space!
Thanks for your time,
M~
Need to know the size of the sewer main and also the fall (grade of drop). It would appear that one grinder booster pump in the basement could work. Or review your neighbors' plot plan at the court house- maybe he has to give you a right of way across his property.
"> We just moved into a 9yo rancher that has a unique sewer line problem.

King Ineptune wrote:

<SNIP>
As Dennis suggested, a sewage pump in the basement may be the simplest solution. get someone local to look at all the facts of the layout.
By any chance is the line freezing during winter??
Figure what all this is going to cost you and sweet talk the neighbor into selling you a utility easement to the street.
Jim
Hopefully, an engineer from the water and sewerage company would come out and diagnose your problem and suggest a solution for no charge. I would certainly call them and ask in the nicest possible way. They should also be able to give you a ballpark cost estimate.
Good luck

How do you access the front street from the house? Is there a driveway? Can't go along that path?
Otherwise, dig a cesspool and don't bother telling the sewer authority.