Sewer gas in the living room

I need some advice, on drain repair skills. Live in a three bedrom "mobile home".
When I run a lot of water in the kitchen, I get sewer gas smell in the living room. Ideas? I mean, other than "don't do that".
✖
On Jan 4, 7:41 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

Check your system venting. Also, all traps should be filled with water to work.
Joe
Add pictures here
✖
Clogged stack vent comes to mind. Also, the inactive side of the sink doesn't get the drain trap filled as often as it should.
I wonder why the smell is most intense in the living room, 20 feet away from the kitchen? Hmm. You know, I did drain the 90 percenter furnace into the drain line. But, I think the sewer smell predates the furnace replacement.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Do you have an indoor pet? Maybe they did a job in there under the couch or something!
Add pictures here
✖
So, I turn on the water in the sink, and a few minutes later, smell the cat terd under the sofa? But, the rest of the day I don't smell cat terd? Somehow, I don't think that's a likely answer.
Do you have an indoor pet? Maybe they did a job in there under the couch or something!
Add pictures here
✖
On 1/4/2012 5:41 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Paul
Add pictures here
✖
Sorry, I neglected to mention. Public water, and public sewer. My bad. Ought to have mentioned that detail.
If you're on septic tank, it needs pumping!
Paul
Add pictures here
✖

Charlie
Add pictures here
✖
On 1/4/2012 7:35 PM, Charlie wrote:

Only the toilet traps are vented to the roof and perhaps the tub and shower in the master bathroom. There are at least 5 of the ventless, spring loaded vents in the rest of the house. I replaced several when we moved in as they were sticking closed. I probably haven't found them all!
Paul
Add pictures here
✖
On 1/4/2012 7:41 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Perhaps there is a crack in the drain line caused by freezing. I've seen water collect in a PVC drain line that had a sag and expanding water cracked the pipe or and obstruction could have caused water to collect at one spot where it froze.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
Public sewer, forgot to mention. Yes, I can get under the trailer, but won't do so till summer. It's been many years I've noticed this, no rush.
Septic tank or sewer?
Can you get under the frame and see if the smell is coming from the ground or a hole in a drain pipe running under the living room?
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 4, 6:41 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

Make certain the smell is 'sewer gas' and not water mold. I had a pipe drip leak inside the wall of my home, perhaps several years went by before the leak worsened enough to notice. And, WHEW! smelled EXACTLY like gray water, but was not. Just the mold from all that leakage smelled like it.
Add pictures here
✖
Spooky. The one time I was under the trailer, I found a length of the drain pipe from the kitchen was cut too long, and they had left it unconnected. I pulled the piece, maybe 24 inches long, and cut it to length, and then the fermo couplers would work. Wonder if there is another such cut?
Make certain the smell is 'sewer gas' and not water mold. I had a pipe drip leak inside the wall of my home, perhaps several years went by before the leak worsened enough to notice. And, WHEW! smelled EXACTLY like gray water, but was not. Just the mold from all that leakage smelled like it.
Add pictures here
✖
On 1/4/2012 8:41 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I had that problem once and replaced one of these and it went away.
http://www.studor.com/mini-vent.htm
Add pictures here
✖