Sewer clean out installation

Page 2 of 3

Define sewer cleanout.
NC

A line sized opening (up to 4") to provide mechanical access to a sanitary sewer.
You're offering plumbing advice and you need this definition?
Bob Wheatley
Nah, Bobs joking, its a manhole for midgets.
wrote

Note: Brother's a 30yr ga certified plumber, I'm a 30yr pc tech. You should talk to your next door neighbor. "It's" likely they have the same problem. I'm thinking of going into psychology at this rate.
NC
TheNIGHTCRAWLER,

If your brother read what you wrote, he'd be embarrassed for you. Have you noticed that we plumbers refrain from getting on a pc tech group and offering free advice?

Found me here where PCs and Plumbing exist together.
Who's toe did I stand on?
You're talking to the PC and in the groups. There is NO distinction of neighbor. Pipes exist in Atlanta, posted to Atlanta, answered as best available from Atlanta.
Don't like it? Move out of Atlanta, or contribute and make it a sane place for posting. You're not doing that... Republican?
Hehehehe TheNIGHTCRAWLER (Words only hurt when they betray a person.)

He'd be terribly upset by a newsgroup post that mentioned him.
Terribly. That's why I don't mention him.
When govn't doesn't ensure a decent retirement, there are no secrets. Wait a sec. That's why there are secrets and no developement of anything and loss of education. My specialty. There is no education due to exactly why your post exists. Thank YOU for the confirmation.
How are we again? TheNIGHTCRAWLER (Like fucking hell I'm wrong. I am exactly that good when necessary.)
wrote

Hopefully no one ever gets hurt while you are pretending to be a plumber.......

What is "certified"? My uncle is a doctor, can I offer medical advice?
Bob Wheatley
a 30 year old gay plumber and a pc technician
wrote

Actually, that's the funny thing about "certification". If you offer medical advice, someone takes it and dies, you CAN'T be sued over it because you DON'T have a medical license. If your Uncle does the same thing, he can get the shit sued outta him.
Eric

And in Atlanta you can't build a house for yourself and ever sell it, unless built by a certified builder.
Really pisses off all the folks who built their own house. Would you like the law? Buried and not subject to search and seizure by the public.
Funny how that works. State law search codes will not turn that law up until the spring planting. Or when necessary.
Non-laws made laws.
This is the state law of Georgia, prove me WRONG.
Everyone deserves incentive.
TheNIGHTCRAWLER (Too little too late.)
add booze + keyboard = this rant

I dunno there Ned. Makes sense to me. I think all buried laws need to be seized. Like what if I forgot where I buried one or two them ? Why the whole public would have to search for them laws. How could I build your house for me by them too ?

"TheNIGHTCRAWLER" managed to type:
> And in Atlanta you can't build a house for yourself and ever sell it,

Hmm..... What grade are you in?
Bob Wheatley
Tell your lawyer, this is one silly ass wanabbee inspector who is a brother in law to some uncle Joe needs to get his head out of his ass.The city fixes it and that's the only law. He is *violating public health. Tree's on *city side are the city's problem not yours. The clean out he is talking of is a new thing and is not needed in your case. *Your sewer is grand fathered in. You do not upgrade as codes change unless you are replacing old with new and its over 50% of the work.
WTF does a yard clean out have to with roots ?
You a gawd damn yankee maybe ? That's it, you're a damn yankee troublemaker there ain't you boy ? You come down here with them fancy ideas. Maybe you want a sidewalk in front of your house too ?

Red,
I agree with your outlook, but I know that individual municipalities can make their own rules. Around here, even though the sidewalks belong to the city, the landowner has to pay and maintain the stretch that abuts their property.
Also, here in the Cincinnati area, the sewer belongs to the private owner until it enters the main.
Also, I assume the yard CO allows the city to clean the sewer without enterning a private domain.
Had a similar issue years ago with tree roots. Tried to snake it myself and ended up getting the snake stuck about 40' out from the house. No way to budge it. You never want to hear your plumber say "backhoe"! $1900 later I had a brand new pvc line out to the street with a cleanout on the front lawn. Main reason for the cleanout outside was that since they had to dig they yard up anyway, if it ever clogged again they would be able to snake it without messing up the basement as much.
If the city won't fix it, I would go with the root poison (copper sulfate I believe, every 6 months) and roto rooter on a preventive maintenance schedule as the cheap option. If it becomes a constant problem, look at the expensive fix.
I HAD serious root troubles:( A camera inspection of my line showed every joint but 2 with roots:( The roots are not only outside but under the house too:(
After paying a bunch of $$ for snaking and always running he risk the snake might break, requiring the line be dug up I solved the problem for the last 4 or 5 years. It cheap, effective, easy too do, and the material is safe to work with:)
as long as you dont use this on cast iron you will be fine!
Dump a 25 pound bag of rock salt in your washtub, every few months, espically in late winter when major tree root growth occurs.
Just dump in tub, mix with lots of hot water then DONT se any water foir at least 8 hours.
Ever notice how rock salt kills grass?
Does the same to roots but wouldnt kill the tree!
Much better cheaper than copper sulfate root killer etc....

i hope it was of your drain, not a recording.
<i hope it was of your drain, not a recording. >
It was definetely mine, since I saw the PVC joint in the terracota pipe where I added a toilet run. and the conversion to pvc at the street
It was a sad videotape, which is still around here somewhere.
the house is 50 years old, in 1991 I added the toilet and had major troubles digging in basement, heavy tree roots everywhere, sed a small chain saw on one:(
200 year old sycamore in back yard, well out of its drip line, but it must be the major tree root source down there