Sewage question in lowered basement...

My friend is dropping the basement of the house that I'm currently living in. 3 feet to be exact. You can imagine that he's dropped below the level of the main sewage line. Any suggestions for installing a bathroom in the basement? A sewage ejector?
TIA! Darryl.
You on town sewer or septic system?
Sorry, sewer. It's in an older residential neighbourhood. The sewage lines are going to be replaced in 2010.
On 21 Nov 2003 19:06:41 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Randd01) wrote:

If you on sewer you may have enough pitch from the street elevation to under your new floor. A sewer contractor specializing in house connections should be able to let you know if you have adequate pitch.Without seeing it it is hard to tell. tI would involve digging up your existing pipe and flattening it if that is possble. Anything is better then a pump up toilet.