sewage ejector toilet vent installation

Hello nice folks.

Im installing a below grade ejector toilet.

What is a vent? lol...

I mean...it looks like the toilets on the first floor dump right into the one main sewer line.

Toilets flush down one hole. Thats it. Where does the vent thingy come into play.

I gotta find out where the vent is and tie into it..higher than any non toilet venting appliances?

aaaawwww heck no! that's going to make the price go up! yeah I tell ya that.

daaang, I already signed a contract too! lol...

Well, I'll just consider this a cheap education.!

hep me hep me!

wannabe!

Reply to
wannabe

The vertical "sewer line" or "stack" extends upward thru the roof to a "vent" terminal which admits air as needed.

The section of stack above the toilet connections is the "vent" pipe you are looking for. It's buried in the wall or might be accessible in an attic.

If it's cast iron, pay attention to how you will support all that weight when you cut a section out...

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Thank you. Sounds ike excellent advice

Are S-Traps under a lavoratory sink neccessary?

The one I got does not line up under the pedestal sink I can't see any drawbacks from leaving it out

Reply to
wannabe

All sinks must have a trap to prevent sewer gas from escaping into the room.

Use a rubber flex section to make it line up if you must.

"S" traps are no longer permitted, but if that's the way this is set up you'll have to stick with it. Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

No, but you will need a p-trap.

Depends... if you consider sewer gas entering your living area to be a drawback.

Reply to
sleepdog

Well I be darn, who woulda thought. I bought the S-trap, maybe I need a p-trap for the pedestal type, probably so. just something smaller.

You gentlemen are far more help than LOWES can every imagine. haha.

Thank You.

So how do you feel about an anti-scalding device for tub spicket and shower! I was thinking the water gets mixed inside the spigeout, and inside the shower head.

:
Reply to
wannabe

Anti-scald is part of the shower/tub control (faucet). It prevents water that is too hot from reaching user.

Another similar device is "pressure balance" (also built into faucet/control) which maintains set ratio of Hot/Cold flow even if pressure drops when someone flushes toilet, for example.

See if Delta site has more explanation:

Speedy Jim

Thank you, I might check that out.

I've been reading up, looks like the hot and cold do get mixed in the faucet, I see that anti-scald device really has a seperate function.

Barry

Reply to
wannabe